trackleaders.com

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Back to training.

Ankle is feeling good enough to do small training rides which has been nice.

I went for a short 7mi ride on green mountain in the dark when it was raining two nights ago.  Good thing it was at night so nobody could see my pathetic riding skills, it reminded me of the first time I rode single track.  I love riding in the rain and at night so not a complete loss, sadly though I am only about 25% strength from before my injury.  My lunge capacity is completely shot and my upper body is practically useless.  I was really suprised at how much I lost from not riding for approx two months.

I went for a 15mi ride yesterday in 90°F heat with no water and on no sleep; was pretty stupid but I enjoyed it.  I bought a new front wheel, it is a ZTR Flow with a Hope 2 Pro hub $212.  I know for just a wheel I went kinda crazy, it is 32 spokes so will do much better at caring the weight for touring.

Well I'm off to do another crazy bike ride, hopefully this time I remember to bring my water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment