trackleaders.com

Monday, July 25, 2011

A world full of bears.

There are plenty of dangers on a trip like this that I can encounter, but none instill the shear amazement that bears do.


Bears from Flannon Jackson on Vimeo.

A good portion of my route exists in bear country, mostly black and a little grizzly. 

So what do you do, simple really all you need is bear mace and common sense.  No guns required (the only guns that would be even remotely useful are rifles or 12ga shotguns with slugs.  The only handguns the provide the necessary force are 480 Ruger or the 500 S&W though even with those it is quite difficult to kill a bear.  I wont be out to kill anything either so that leaves me with mace... let alone the weight of caring a gun isnt worth it either.)

So far here are some of the bears that I have encountered in my life:






And a no chew bear (who needs a mouth anyway, thanks Peggy it reminds me of The Island of Doctor Moreau)




Thanks Darren for adding to my bear collection.


1 comment:

  1. I'm really hoping that all the bears you encounter in the future are as great as the one's you have already been in contact with!!!

    ReplyDelete